Real and Personal Property Auctions
The Orange County Tax Collector uses the In Rem method of foreclosure, in accordance with North Carolina General Statute 105-375.
After the Tax Office has exhausted all other means of collection, properties are seized and then auctioned off.
Next Sale Date:
SEPTEMBER 8TH, 2021 @ 12:01pm
The Orange County Sheriff's Department conducts each sales. The auction is being held at the Orange County Courthouse Steps, 106 E. Margaret Lane Hillsborough NC
Below is a list of properties currently being foreclosed: All are sold subject to 2021 taxes that are not covered under this judgment. Purchaser will be responsible for taxes not included in the judgment.
- PIN #9825834052, County of Orange v. JAMES I EVANS HEIRS; File # 21 M 65; known as 310 Hoover Road Mebane NC; Legal description: Located in Cheeks Township, Orange County, North Carolina: BEING PARCEL 9825834052, CONTAINING 1.51 ACRES MORE OR LESS, PLAT BOOK 88, PAGE 11 ORANGE COUNTY REGISTRY (PIN 9825834052, SEE DEED 171, PAGE 8, ORANGE COUNTY REGISTRY).. Starting Bid $8,000 subject to change.
- PIN #9844595487, County of Orange v. WILLIAM MCADOO HEIRS, File # 21 M 63; Legal description: Located in Cheeks Township, Orange County, North Carolina: BEING PARCEL 9844595487, CONTAINING 1 ACRE MORE OR LESS (PIN 9844595487, See AFFIDAVIT BOOK 2057, Page 395, Orange County Registry). Starting Bid $4,000 subject to change.
- PIN #9893387855, County of Orange v. PEGGY C HALES HEIRS, MICHAEL E. HALES HEIRS & DEBRA G. HALES, File # 21 M 66; Legal description: Located in Eno Township, Orange County, North Carolina and BEGINNING AT A STAKE ON THE NORTH SIDE OF GREENGLEN DRIVE NORTH 78ﹾ 36’ EAST 699.6 FEET FROM THE EAST SIDE OF MCDERMOTT DRIVE, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF LOT #82 AS SHOWN AS PLAT HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO, AND RUNNING THENCE NORTH 11ﹾ 24’ WEST 280.3 FEET TO A STAKE; THENCE SOUTH 86ﹾ 53’ EAST 103.3 FEET TO A STAKE; THENCE SOUTH 11ﹾ 24’ EAST 254.4 FEET TO A STAKE ON THE NORTH SIDE OF GREENGLEN DRIVE; THENCE ALONG AND WITH THE NORTH SIDE OF GREENGLEN DRIVE SOUTH 78ﹾ 36’ WEST 100 FEET TO A STAKE, THE POINT BEGINNING AND BEING LOTS #83 AND 84 OF BRIGADOON, AS PER PLAT AND SURVEY OF H.N. MICHIE, C.E., DATED JULY 1957 AND NOW ON FILE IN THE OFFICE OF THE REGISTER OF DEEDS OF ORANGE COUNTY IN PLAT BOOK 6 AT PAGE 98 TO WHICH REFERENCE IS HEREBY MADE FOR A MORE PARTICULAR DESCRIPTION OF SAME. (PIN 9893387855, See Deed Book 276, Page 1374, Orange County Registry). Starting Bid $2,500 subject to change.
Property Auction Information.
The highest bidder at public sale shall be required to pay in full (not make a deposit) the amount of the successful bid at the conclusion of the execution sale (subject to the confirmation of the sale as by law provided). The successful bid amount shall be paid in cash or certified funds (payable to the Orange County Sheriff’s Department).
The Sheriff’s office may, in its discretion, determine and allow a reasonable time within which to deliver the successful bid amount to that office. The successful bidder shall also be responsible for the payment of any excise tax due to the Register of Deeds office, and all recording fees at the appropriate time.
There is a ten day upset bid period in which the high bid may be upset by filing an Upset Bid with the Orange County Clerk of Court. The Upset Bid must be in cash or by certified funds in an amount greater than or equal to 5% of the amount of the Upset Bid but in any event not less than $750 dollars. The Upset Bid must be filed with the Orange County Clerk of Court by 5 p.m. on the tenth day after the filing of the Report of Sale. If the tenth day is a Sunday or a legal holiday or a day which the office of the clerk is not open then the deposit may be made the following business day.
After the ten day upset bid period expires successfully with no upset bid made the Order of Confirmation is filed and the Orange County Sheriff will execute a Non-Warranty Sheriff’s Deed. The total amount of the upset bid in full is due upon delivery of the Sheriff’s Deed.
If you have specific questions regarding Tax Foreclosures in Orange County or regarding a particular property please contact Brandy Prince Deputy Tax Collector for Orange County at 919-245-2731 or email Brandy Prince.
- Properties sold may be subject to IRS Tax Liens, City/County Taxes for any years not covered under our judgment, and other restrictions of record.
- It is your responsibility to research and obtain information regarding the property, prior to the sale.
- PURCHASER WILL RECEIVE A NON-WARRANTED SHERIFF'S DEED UPON COMPLETION OF THE SALE.
- The deed description may include portions of land that have already been sold off by the current owner and are NOT subject to the sale.
List of properties currently being foreclosed: There are none at this time.
- Mobile Home Sales