Lunch Program CHANGES: Dine-in lunches temporarily suspended effective Monday, March 16, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
LUNCH PROGRAM UPDATE
Starting November 2nd, 2020 the meal distribution will change as follow:
- Monday: One Hot Meal and a Bag Lunch
- Wednesday: One Hot Meal
- Friday: Two Different Hot Meals
At this time we are only accepting new applications for those county residents age 60 and over and who can pick up a meal at either the Seymour Center or Passmore Center.
Individuals and those in group quarters will only be considered if they can identify someone to pickup their meal. Staff and volunteers are able to assist with delivery to individual homes for those who rely on public transportation.
If you have any question, please contact our food services coordinator, Isabel Jackson by email or phone at (919) 245-4256.
Get a preview of our lunch menus:
Lunch Program details when we are on-site:
Both Senior Centers serve up great food in a welcoming atmosphere and good company. Come and join us!
- Registration is required to participate in the lunch program
- Download, complete, and return the Lunch Program Registration (PDF) to the front desk at the senior center where you prefer to have lunch
- Reservations are not required
- Lunches are served on a first-come, first-served basis
- Tickets are distributed at 11 a.m. and lunch is served at 12 p.m.
- Check in at the registration desk located near the kitchen at each Senior Center
- Anyone under the age of 60 can purchase the meal for $6
- Persons aged 60 plus are urged to give a contribution towards the meal cost
Get a preview of our lunch menus (see Menu under Lunch Updates above).
Questions or Concerns
Please contact our Food Services Coordinator or Lunch Site Managers for any questions or concerns at:
- Lunch Program Coordinator: 919-245-4256
- Passmore Center: 919-245-2015
- Seymour Center: 919-968-2070
Nutrition Resources for Seniors
It’s estimated that more than 4 million seniors are eligible for nearly $4.5 billion in food benefits, but they are not enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Visit the SNAP website to find out more.