How to Help
The Orange County Health Department and the Orange County Emergency Operations Center are planning for the distribution and administration of the COVID-19 vaccine. The Health Department will receive direct allocations of vaccine to be administered in the community.
Part of this local planning effort includes compiling a list of persons and organizations interested and willing to assist in mass vaccinations. Please complete this form to be added to the roster of staff at a mass vaccination site (Point of Dispensing). Please note some of the positions available require a certified or licensed healthcare professional and you will need to provide a copy of your active certification or license. Additional communications and training will be provided after registering. You will be contacted soon after you submit your information.
KUDOS to Community Volunteers
Kudos – Praise or give a compliment for something well done. Kudos can be given to thank or congratulate a person, team, or group for their efforts.
Nominate Volunteers – Please show gratitude to the wonderful volunteers who are working hard to make community COVID-19 vaccination possible! Use this form.
How to Help
- Local Government
- Orange County Government volunteer interest form - Please do not contact Orange County agencies directly to volunteer, as they are busy responding to emergent calls
- Orange County Health Department COVID-19 Donations
- Orange County Department on Aging - to support older adults in our community
- Orange County Department of Social Services - collecting non-perishable food items at both locations and accepting cash donations and gift cards
- Friends of Orange County DSS - partners with the Department of Social Services to provide emergency assistance to individuals and families in need
- Town of Hillsborough Water Assistance Program
- Non-profit organizations
- TableNC - wish list for food donations to support more than 700 families
- IFC Supportive Housing - to purchase sanitizer, wipes, spray cleaning supplies etc. for their households
- Orange Congregations in Mission - provides food to low-resource families in rural Orange County
- Meals on Wheels Chapel Hill-Carrboro - delivering meals to seniors. Donation and volunteer opportunities
- Food Not Bombs 919 - seeking donations of non-perishable food, produce, personal hygiene, pet, and basic household items
- Piedmont Electric Membership Corporation Helping Hand Program - support the needs of our local communities ranging from energy assistance, teacher education grants to college scholarships