Current Interest Projects
Notice of Virtual Public Outreach Meeting on the Buckhorn Area Plan Study Next Steps – Outreach Focus Areas “A” and “B”
An upcoming public online meeting has been scheduled for Monday, May 17 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM pertaining to the continuation of the coordinated efforts between Orange County and the City of Mebane on the Buckhorn Area Plan (a.k.a. Buckhorn Study).
The purpose of this public outreach meeting is to:
- Continue engagement with the community as a follow-up to previous Buckhorn Area Plan Study meetings;
- Communicate that Areas “A” and “B” are to be the focus for outreach and planning coordination between Orange County and the City of Mebane;
- Provide additional context for Outreach Focus Areas “A” and “B”; and
- Collect public comments and common questions to guide the development of a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document for the public and Orange County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) information.
The online public outreach meeting, using the Zoom platform, will start with a brief staff presentation and then will allow attendees to provide comments and questions. Participants who wish to speak will be limited to three (3) minutes for questions and/or comments.
The Planning Department will not be answering questions in real-time during the Public Outreach meeting, but instead, will take the collection of questions and comments and prepare a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document for presentation to the BOCC during their June 1, 2021 Business Meeting.
In order to participate in the Public Outreach meeting, registration must be made in advance; after registering, you will receive a link via Zoom with the meeting link and details.
Click here to register for the May 17, 2021 Public Outreach Meeting
The Orange County BOCC will receive a report on the questions and comments collected as well as the final FAQ document during its June 1, 2021 Business Meeting. To register for the June 1, 2021 Business Meeting, see the instructions on the bottom of the June 1, 2021 BOCC Agenda which can be found on their Agenda Webpage (click here) and will be posted on Friday, May 28, 2021.
For those who may not have internet access, there are phone options available to join both the Public Outreach Meeting as well as the BOCC Business Meeting. Please contact Ms. Tina Love, Planning and Inspections Department Administrative Support, at (919) 245-2575 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to call-in to either meeting.
Please direct all questions and comments about Outreach Focus Areas “A” and “B” to the Planning Department’s email, BuckhornStudy@orangecountync.gov . This email will accept questions and comments leading up to as well as after the Public Outreach Meeting on May 17, 2021.
- In order to access a digital copy of the original Buckhorn Area Plan Study from the Piedmont Triad Regional Council, please click here.
- We will post an FAQ Document after the Public Outreach Meeting here
Major Subdivision Concept Plan Application: SUB21-0017 (Pyewacket)
Parcel ID: 9757-51-3504
Acreage: 70.79 acres
Watershed: Haw River Protected
Location: South of the T-junction of Jones Ferry Road and Ferguson Road at the Orange/Chatham County line
The application proposes to create 9.24 acres of open space, a community well and a public road, Pyewacket Trail, off of Jones Ferry Road in Orange County. The road, well and open space will serve the Pyewacket subdivision in Chatham County. All habitable subdivision lots in the Pyewacket subdivision will be on the Chatham County side. This proposal is considered a "major subdivision" in Orange County because it proposes to dedicate a new public road.
The Orange County Planning Board reviewed this proposal on Wednesday, May 5, 2021. The Planning Board approved the Concept Plan, which means the applicant can submit a Preliminary Plat application. The Preliminary Plat application will be reviewed by the Planning Board again before going to the BOCC for decision. Staff will update this website once the applicant submits a Preliminary Plat application.
Pyewacket Revised Concept Plan (Orange County)
Pywacket Concept Plan (Chatham County)
Orange County Planning Contact:
Array Subdivision SUB20-0016
Major elements of the proposed subdivision are as follows:
Orange County Planner: Molly Boyle, Planner II
Applicant: Jodi Bakst, Real Estate Experts
Owner: Stephen and Sharon Burt
Property ID Numbers (PINs): 9840-43-5353; and 9840-33-0969
Total Property Size: 55.58 acres
Location: Orange Grove Road (north of Fern Creek Lane)
Zoning: Rural Residential (R-1)
Watershed: Not in a protected or critical watershed
The Subdivision Proposes:
- 12 new single-family residential lots (with one additional 13th lot via recombination);
- 56% (31.1 acres) of the site held in Open Space to be held and maintained a HOA;
- Single-family lots ranging in size from 1.4 - 2.2 acres; and
- One lot with access via Orange Grove Road, and 12 lots accessed via a new private road (Class A with 18 feet wide road with gravel and/or asphalt within a 50 Foot wide right-of-way).