We currently offer 2 types of book clubs, librarian-led and community member-led. All book clubs are open to anyone who wishes to join!
Librarian-Led Via Zoom
Carrboro Book Club
This club meets the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Register online or by calling 919.245.2525 (Main Library in downtown Hillsborough) or 919.918.7387 (cybrary in downtown Carrboro). You will receive the Zoom code the day of the book club.
- January 25 - Djinn Patrol on the Purple Line by Deepa Anappara
- February 22 - The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd
- March 22 - News of the World by Paulette Jiles
- April 26 - Anxious People by Fredrik Backman
- May 23 - One Night Two Souls Went Walking by Ellen Cooney
Not a Book Club
The next best thing to reading a good book is talking about it with our fellow readers. Join us online the 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. for an informal book discussion. We’re "Not a Book Club," so there’s no assigned reading and no pressure. Just grab a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, and let’s talk books! Register here or call 919.245.2525 for more details.
First Monday Classics (Hillsborough)
This club meets the 1st Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Please email James Maxey for more details.
- January 3 – Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- February 7 – Another Country by James Baldwin
- March 7 – Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- April 4 – Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- May 2 – The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
- June 6 – Animal Farm by George Orwell
- July – Holiday – no meeting
- August 1 – David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
- September – Holiday – no meeting
- October 3 – Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- November 7 – Beloved by Toni Morrison
- December 5 – Mrs. McGinty’s Dead by Agatha Christie
Tuesday Evening Book Club (Hillsborough)
This club meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. For meeting information, please contact Sara Levinson.
- January 11 – Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson
- February 8 – Reader’s Choice
- March 8 – Meet Me at the Museum by Anne Youngson (on order)
Book Club Kits
If you’d like to start your own book club, we can help. Each kit includes a reader’s guide that contains discussion questions and/or an author spotlight. Find out more information here.