|Nov. 8||Orange County voters approved $5 million bond|
|Feb. 7||Orange County BOCC approves RFP|
|Feb. 16||Orange County BOCC work session to discuss county policies to preserve affordable housing|
|Feb. 20||RFP applications released|
|Feb. 28||Application workshop - 10 a.m.
Link Building, Ground Floor
200 S. Cameron St., Hillsborough
|Feb. 28||Application workshop - 2 p.m.
Southern Human Services Center, Meeting Room
2501 Homestead Rd., Chapel Hill
|March 31||Applications due|
|April||Review of applications - county team|
|May||Affordable Housing Advisory Committee Review|
|June 6||BOCC to consider approval of recommendations|
Request for Proposals
On Feb. 7, 2017, the Board of County Commissioners approved the Request for Proposals that will be used by applicants. The RFP will be posted on this website on Feb. 20. There are two RFPs. One if you intend to use one of the county-owned parcels, and one for other projects.
When you download one of the RFPs, please send an email to Orange County Purchasing Agent David Cannell.
As part of the Affordable Housing bond, Orange County and the Orange County Housing Authority identified ten parcels of land owned by the county or the authority that could be suitable for affordable housing. Click the links below for an abstract of each site.
- County map showing all locations (PDF)
- Site 1: Wentworth Street (Housing Authority site) - PIN 9778941081
- Site 2: Wentworth Street (Housing Authority site) - PIN 9778930971
- Site 3: Johnson Street - PIN 9778941099
- Site 4: 1801 Ephesus Church Road - PIN 9799746369
- Site 5: Lancaster Road - PIN 9835416412
- Site 6: Bigelow Lane - PIN 9846534499
- Site 7: Odie Street - PIN 9865516149
- Site 8: Daye Street - PIN 9865517394
- Site 9: Mollie Court - PIN 9865614458
- Site 10: Faucette Mill Road - PIN 9865622018