The Tax Assessment Division is responsible for identifying, reporting and assigning a value to taxable property. These values are used to ensure equitable taxation across the County.
We are happy to announce that the 2017 Revaluation has been
completed. For more information about the revaluation, please view
our 2017 Revaluation Newsletter. New value notices will be mailed on
Friday, March 3, 2017. The new values are currently available for viewing on our Real Estate Data page. More information about the revaluation is available on our Revaluation page. An appeals form and instructions are included with the new value notice, but are also available here. Ideally, appeals should be submitted within 30 days of the date the new value notice was mailed, but can be accepted until April 30, 2017.
2017 Tax Listing Period
By NC General Statute, personal property and certain real property is to be listed for property tax purposes by January 31 of each year.
2017 Individual Listing Form and Instructions
- Property Ownership and History Inquiry (PIN App) - Search tool to provide ownership information for properties. Tool also includes history of property and ownership. Can be used in conjunction with Register of Deeds Document Inquiry to conduct detailed research on property and history. Formerly known as Property Information Search Page.
- Orange County Interactive GIS Mapping Systems - Interactive mapping system with options for viewing all of Orange County or zooming down to specific parcels.
- Orange Address Database - The address search offers search by PIN, TMBL, Street Name (with a selection list of all Orange County streets), or Place (with a selection list of subdivisions, condominiums, and common area names).
- Cross Reference Tool for TMBL and Tract - This tool is provided to assist the public in finding Parcel Identification Numbers (PIN) based on TMBLs or Tracts. Orange County uses the PIN as the official tracking mechanism for all parcels. As of October 1, 2010, Orange County no longer assigns TMBL or Tract numbers to parcels.
- TAXscribe Online Business Listing - Due to circumstances beyond our control, TAXscribe is no longer available for business listing submission or for requesting an extension.
- Orange County Real Estate Data - This tool provides access to property data for real properties in the County. It allows you to view the County's record of a property’s current physical characteristics.
2017 BUSINESS Personal Property Listing:
- Submit Business Listing Extension Request Electronically
- Upload Scanned Business Listing Form to Tax Office
- Printable 2017 Business Listing Form
- Instructions for 2017 Printable Business Listing Form
Schedule H-1 Billboards and Outdoor Advertising Structures
- 2017 Informal Notice of Appeals Form
- 2017 Board of Equalization & Review Form
- Information and Forms for NC Property Tax Commission Appeal
- Application for Homestead Exclusion, Disabled Veteran Exclusion and Circuit Breaker Tax Deferment (Form AV-9)
- Certification of Disability for Elderly/Disabled Homestead Exclusion (Form AV-9A)