Healthy Carolinians of Orange County
About Healthy Carolinians of Orange County
Healthy Carolinians of Orange County (HCOC) is a network of agencies and citizens partnering to promote health and wellness in Orange County. Members of HCOC are representatives from schools, human service agencies, churches, civic groups, businesses, local government, UNC Chapel Hill, health care organizations including UNC Healthcare, and concerned citizens.
Our mission is to advocate, guide and assist Orange County in planning and implementing health care strategies to promote healthy lifestyles, improve health status and prevent premature death and injury for all residents in the county regardless of age, race, income or educational level. The overall goal of the program is to reduce health disparities.
What We Do
- Build and promote collaborative partnerships
- Identify critical health needs in the community
- Guide local planning efforts to improve health
- Support innovative health programs
- Advocate for health-promoting policies
Priority Health Issues: 2015-2019
- Social Determinants of Health (Focus: Access & Transportation)
- Physical Activity & Nutrition (Focus: Chronic Disease)
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse
Click to download our Program Brochure (PDF)
Data Reflections from the 2015 Community Health Assessment
The following slides were shared at the listening sessions held in October 2015 to assist in the community discussions to prioritize health issues for the next four years.
Click to download the Data Reflection Slides
Ashley Mercer, Healthy Carolinians Coordinator