Orange County Board of Commissioners
Virtual Business Meeting Agenda for June 2, 2020
Due to current public health concerns, the Orange County Board of Commissioners is conducting a virtual business meeting on June 2, 2020. Members of the Board of Commissioners will be participating in the meeting remotely. Members of the public will be able to view and listen to the meeting and have the opportunity to provide public comment. The public may submit written comments by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals who wish to speak must pre-register using the instructions included in the agenda.
As in prior meetings, the meeting will be streamed in real-time on the County’s website for public viewing/listening at http://www.orangecountync.gov/967/Meeting-Videos . There will also be real-time broadcast on Spectrum Cable and video-recording for future television broadcast and reference on the County’s website.
The full agenda for the Orange County Board of Commissioners’ virtual business meeting on Tuesday, June 2, 2020 has been posted to the link below.
For a link to each agenda item as a separate file, please use the link below.
Virtual Business Meeting
June 2, 2020
Viewable on the link below
6. Regular Agenda
a. Eviction Diversion Program and Approval of Budget Amendment #9-A
The Board will consider voting to:
1) approve the development of an Eviction Diversion Program in Orange County;
2) approve Budget Amendment #9-A appropriating $187,950 from the Social Justice Reserve for the Program; and
3) authorize staff to seek funding for the Eviction Diversion Program from the Towns, and donations from the communities and businesses.
b. Guidance for Future Climate Action Fund Project Eligibility and Scoring
The Board will receive recommendations from the Climate Mitigation Review Team updating and clarifying the eligibility and scoring for future Climate Action Fund projects; and consider voting to approve the new guidance and provide it to the Orange County Commission for the Environment (CFE) for their use in soliciting and scoring project applications for the FY20-21 round of Climate Action Fund projects.
c. Amendments to the Advisory Board Policy
The Board will consider options for clarification to the advisory board policy related to remote meetings of advisory boards and vote to select one of those options to be effective July 1, 2020.
d. Coronavirus Relief Funding Plan and Additional Emergency Small Business Grant Funds
The Board will consider voting to approve:
1) the appropriation of $2,665,753 in Coronavirus Relief Funding (CRF) on a County-wide per capita basis;
2) the submittal to the State of the County’s CRF Plan by June 1, 2020; and
3) the appropriation of $410,000 in Article 46 Sales Tax Small Business Loan Funds for Emergency Funding to small businesses.
8. Consent Agenda
b. Motor Vehicle Property Tax Releases/Refunds
c. Property Tax Releases/Refunds
d. Extension of Little River Regional Park Interlocal Agreement
e. Resolution of Support – Triangle Trails Initiative
f. Orange County ABC Board Travel Policy