In effort to follow CDC and local health authorities’ recommendations to promote social distancing, and to protect all staff and the public during the current State of Emergency, the Register of Deeds office will be amending all in-person services effective March 20.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak resulting in a declaration of emergency, the Register of Deeds office is implementing the following steps to restrict access to the office:
- Limited access to the third floor, appointments only.
- Attorneys are urged to utilize our Electronic Recording System Simplifile.com or call 800-460-5657.
- The Public can order certified copies of Birth, Death, and Marriages through our online service only at www.getcertificatenow.com/orange.
- Couples wishing to apply for Marriage License should complete the online marriage application on our website then contact our office at 919-245-2700 to schedule an appointment to come in to complete the process. Applicants only allowed in the office.
- Notaries that need to take their oath will need to call for an appointment 919-245-2685.
- Veterans needing to record their discharge papers will need to call for an appointment 919-245-2700.
- Funeral Homes may order Death certificates online or send a mail request.
- Attorneys, paralegals, etc., may mail in their documents or use the drop box located at the front of the building, this includes Assumed Business Name filings. Please read instructions located on the drop box before you place your document inside. If you have a Plat or documents requiring a Split, Merge, or multiple PIN sheet please call 919-245-2685 and a staff member will assist you.
- Passport services have been suspended until further notice.
- For all other inquiries or questions, please call 919-245-2685 or visit our website.