Soil & Water Conservation District
The Orange County Soil and Water Conservation District offers technical, financial and educational advice to Orange County landowners and operators. We provide technical consultation on erosion control and water quality issues on agricultural farmland and non-agricultural lands.
Orange Soil & Water's Annual Blueberry Plant Sale is going on now. All profits from the plant sale are used to send local students to our Resource Conservation Workshop held at North Carolina State University.
- Orders are pre-pay only with payment due by Friday March 1, 2019
- Plants are $10 each and vary in height from 16" to 20"
- Three varieties to choose from
- To place online order or to place order by phone please call 919-245-2750
Orange Soil and Water Conservation is a Division of the Orange County Department of Environment, Agriculture, Parks, and Recreation - DEAPR.
Eligible landowners may qualify for state or federal financial assistance.
Visit our Department website for more information.
Agricultural Related Services
- Animal Waste Management Plans
- Conservation Assessment and Planning on Agricultural Lands
- Nutrient Management Farm Plans
- Riparian Restoration along streams
- Sediment and Soil Erosion on Agricultural Lands
- Stream Bank Stabilization/Stream Protection Systems
- Voluntary Agriculture Program and Farmland Preservation Program
- Water Quality on Agricultural Lands
Non-Agricultural Related Services
- Closure of Abandoned Wells
- Community Conservation Assistance Program (CCAP) for existing residential, commercial, public and private buildings
- Educational Programs for Youth and Adults
- Riparian Restoration Along Streams
- Urban Erosion Control and Storm Water Controls
Agronomists, engineers, soil scientists, and other specialists from local, state, and federal agencies work closely with the Soil and Water Conservation District Staff to answer your questions. Please contact us with any questions.