Reporting a Lost Pet
If you have lost an animal in Orange County and do not see it pictured or listed on one of the links above, please fill out the appropriate form so that we have a report of the animal in question and can attempt to match it with animals either in the shelter or in someone's care. Please include photos if possible (horizontal photos preferred). If you cannot fill out this form online, you can call or visit the Animal Services Center to report the animal.
Lost Pets That Are Currently at the Animal Services Center
- Recently found dogs currently at the Animal Services Center
- Recently found cats currently at the Animal Services Center
- Other recently found animals currently at the Animal Services Center
Lost Pets Found by Others
Sometimes, people from the community find pets and hold them at their homes instead of bringing them into the Animal Services Center. We attempt to help connect those people and people missing pets in Orange County and nearby areas. If you believe one of these animals is your lost pet, please contact Animal Services immediately so that we can help get you in touch with the other party.
- Recently found dogs not currently housed at the Animal Services Center
- Recently found cats not currently housed at the Animal Services Center
- Other recently found animals not currently housed at the Animal Services Center
Lost Pets Found by Others but Reported Anonymously
Occasionally, people report a pet found, but elect not to share it with local shelters for reasons of privacy. Before you move on to the last step of reporting your pet as lost to us, we recommend you check all of the found reports made on Pet Harbor's website. This may include others from outside of our immediate area, as well as those not reported to shelters. Data on Pet Harbor's page can be sorted by the tabs headings on their table.