Cats & Kittens
- Kittens: $130
- Cats: $110
- Senior Cats (8 plus years): $30
Dogs & Puppies
- Puppies: $175
- Small Dogs: $175
- Dogs: $125
- Senior Dogs (8 plus years): $30
Senior Citizen Prices
- Cats under 8 years: $25
- Senior Cats (8 plus years): Free!
- Dogs under 8 years: $30
- Senior Dogs (8 plus years): Free!
Included with Adoption
- Health screening
- Initial standard vaccinations
- Flea and tick prevention
- Spay or neuter (you may receive a voucher for spay/neuter surgery if a surgery is not available before adoption. There are sometimes delays with surgery scheduling due to COVID-19)
- Microchip and microchip registration
- Broad spectrum dewormer
- Heartworm test (Dogs 7 months and older)
- Heartworm preventative (Dogs only)
- Felv/FIV test (Cats 6 months and older)
- Felv test (Cats under 6 months)
You do not need to be an Orange County resident to adopt a pet from our shelter. In order to adopt, please bring a government-issued photo ID (Driver’s License, Military ID, or Passport).
CHECK OUT OUR AVAILABLE PETS (and more info about scheduling Meet & Greets with them!)
CHECK OUR NEWS & EVENTS CAROUSEL TO SEE IF WE ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING ANY ADOPTION SPECIALS!
Adopt two cats together and get the 2nd free (first must be adopted at regular price). Kittens do very well in pairs and we often have some adult cats that are already best friends!
Animal Services is now running a year-round Senior Adoption Special: The adoption fee for any senior cat or dog (8 years or older) will be only $30! Also, senior citizens may take advantage of our year-round Senior Squared Special: If any senior citizen (65 or older) adopts a senior cat or dog (8 years or older), the adoption is FREE!
Small & Exotic Animals
For Small Animal or Exotic Animal Adoption fees, please call our Center at 919-942-PETS (7387).
Check out our brochure (PDF) on animal identification for information on microchips and other forms of identification!