Advisory Board on Aging
- Serve as liaison between the older citizens of Orange County and Orange County Government concerning aging issues.
- Serve as the Advisory body for the Orange County Department on Aging (DOA).
- Suggest policy and make recommendations to the Department and the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) on the special needs of the elderly, particularly with respect to the needs for a comprehensive, integrated approach to the delivery of services in the fields of health, mental health, social services, recreation, employment and other programs for older adults.
- Work to simulate and promote needed services and programs for older residents.
- Assist the public and voluntary agencies in providing services to older persons.
- Review and make recommendations concerning service proposals and funding of services that have an impact on older persons.
- Consult with and assist the Director of DOA in the preparation of the Department's budget.
- Review the proposed budget of the DOA prior to the time that budget is submitted to the County Manager.
- Advocate the needs of the DOA to the BOCC.
- Assist the Director of the DOA in planning and developing a unified and coordinated "County Aging Plan" with a view towards defining policies, services and facilities in consultation with the Area Agency on Aging of the Region J Council of Governments and the North Carolina Division of Aging.
- Perform other functions and duties from time to time as requested and prescribed by the BOCC.