SHARP Direct Care Worker Awards
The Orange County Department on Aging has partnered with the community group, Senior Health Advocacy and Resource Partners of Orange County (SHARP), to recognize Direct Care Workers serving clients in Orange County, NC. Direct care workers impact their client's lives on a daily basis and make a difference in our community. Each year six awards will be presented one in each of five different categories and one person will be chosen as "Direct Care Worker of the Year."
Awards will be given in five categories with special attention to the criteria as noted:
- Client Impact - Frequently recognized or praised for their efforts that make an impact on the quality of their clients lives.
- Going the Extra Mile - Passionate about providing extraordinary care to their clients in ways that exceed expectations.
- Leadership - Serves as a role model and demonstrates teamwork and willingness to help other direct care workers and staff.
- Longevity - Has performed work as a caregiver each year for the last 10 or more years and plans to continue working in the field.
- Rising Star - Has been a caregiver for less than three years and demonstrates enormous promise in the profession.
If selected as an the Award Recipient the individual agrees to be represented in photographs and videos, as well as included in any and all public relations ads and media campaigns.
To be eligible, direct care workers must have served clients in Orange County within the past year. Each person may be nominated in two categories.
Each nominee must:
- Provide direct care to clients as a primary function of their job.
- Have at least six consecutive months of service in the past year.
- Maintain and project a professional demeanor and exhibit dependability.
- Actively demonstrate pride in being a direct care worker and selflessly serve others in the course of their duties.
The SHARP Award winners will be selected by representatives from Project EngAGE. Project EngAGE is a senior leadership program sponsored by Orange County Department on Aging.
The SHARP Committee is comprised of professionals from senior care, healthcare and caregiving support organizations from the Greater Orange County community.
Nominations will be accepted from February 15 - April 15. Award winners will be recognized at a ceremony on Thursday, May 9, 2019.
2019 Direct Care Worker Award nominations will be accepted from February 15 - April 15.