Curbside Library Service
Curbside service is available by appointment at our library locations in Hillsborough and Carrboro. Use your online library account to place an order and our calendar to schedule appointments.
How to use our curbside service
Place a hold
- Find the item(s) you’d like to borrow in our online catalog.
- Click Request it.
- Sign in to your library account, and select the branch where you will pick up your order.
- Click Submit to confirm. You will receive an email when your order is ready to pick up.
Carrboro Branch Library 919.969.3006
Make an appointment
- Once you receive an email that your order is ready, click on the link provided in the email to make an appointment.
- You will then see all upcoming appointments at your branch displayed on our online calendar. Scroll down until you find a convenient, available appointment date and time. (At the end of the month? Use the calendar in the top right corner to advance to the next month)
- Click on the desired appointment and log in to your library account when prompted.
- On the registration page, click Continue to complete your reservation. You will receive a confirmation email providing you with the details of your appointment.
Pick up library items
Park in a designated curbside spot and call the phone number on the sign.
Be prepared to give the librarian your library card number.
Wait in your car until the librarian comes outside with your items.
Put on your face covering and wait for the librarian to go back inside before getting items from the pickup table.
Return to your vehicle and exit the curbside service area through the parking deck.
- You may return regular-sized items to the book drop at any of our three locations. This includes books, DVDs, CDs, and video games.
- Please place wi-fi hotspots, kindles, oversized books, Literacy Book Bags or Book Club Kits in the curbside bins designated for this purpose.
NOTE: We are not charging fines for late items. Please renew any items you would like to keep past their due dates. After three overdue notices, you will be charged a replacement fee.
With safety in mind
We isolate items for 72 hours after they are returned to the library and before you check them out.
Our staff must remain physically distant from customers and each other.
We ask that you wear a mask when using curbside service.
We appreciate your cooperation!