Orange County is an entitlement community under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) and serves as the representative member of the Orange County HOME Consortium. Under the HOME Program, local governments are able to join together to form a consortium in order to receive HOME funding for affordable housing. The Orange County HOME Consortium is made up of four members: Orange County and the towns of Carrboro, Chapel Hill and Hillsborough. The Town of Chapel Hill also receives Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding each year. Orange County is the Participating Jurisdiction (PJ) for the HOME Consortium.
- View a revised draft of the Orange County HOME Consortium's 2019 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
Notice of Final Budget for the FFY 2017 Annual Action Plan for the Orange County Home Consortium
Notice is hereby given that the Orange County HOME Consortium FFY 2017 HOME Program budget has been finalized and approved by the Board of County Commissioners as a result of the U.S. Department of HUD's final allocation of HOME funds for the Orange County HOME Consortium:
- Habitat for Humanity - Second Mortgage Assistance: $211,830
- Rebuilding Together of the Triangle - Homeowner Repairs: $28,538
- EmPOWERment, Inc. - Acquisition: $69,480
- Orange County - Housing Rehabilitation: $55,839
- Administration: $28,969
- Total FFY 2017 HOME Funds for Project Activities: $394,656
Esta información está disponible en español o en cualquier otro idioma bajo petición. Por favor, póngase en contacto con Marlyn Henriquez-Valeiko at 919-245-2498 o en 300 W Tryon Street, Hillsborough, NC 27278, para la disponibilidad de esta solicitud.